Saturday, April 28, 2018

Paris: Wandering the city's charming Passages

The Passages of Paris are one of the city's treasures. Several of them, in fact, as they are scattered throughout the city.

These passageways between buildings were covered shopping districts of their day, long before paved streets. Even if the weather was poor, the well-to-do could dress up and do a little shopping free from the rain and mud.

I explored several passages when I spent a month in Paris in 2009
Many of the passages still exist. Some are restored, while others are sorry shadows of their former selves, but they are all fascinating.

Here is a post I wrote about my initial passage experience.

Today I began to explore the covered passages of Paris. I travelled to the Bourse Metro stop and walked a couple of blogs to the entrance of Passage Panoramas... [read more].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog retirement

I've decided to retire this blog. I don't really have the time or interest to keep it up... Any content of value has been transferr...